Energy Efficiency Internship
The Office of Sustainability’s Energy Team seeks to educate the campus community about energy efficiency, achieve measurable energy savings, and encourage the next generation of energy efficiency professionals.
A team of four interns create and implement campus projects while also developing his/her own specific objectives through ongoing consultation with program staff and University of Mississippi stakeholders (including faculty, staff, and administrators). They regularly conduct research on campus and on other programs that could benefit the University.
The interns are members of the UM Energy Committee and provide support for projects the committee initiates. Interns work approximately 8-10 hours per week at $10 per hour and are expected to coordinate campus-based energy efficiency and workforce development projects, attend weekly meetings, and participate in team administration.
- Be currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be an organized self starter, and have excellent time management skills
- Be comfortable with the basic functions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Have leadership and teamwork experience
- Experience or interest in energy efficiency concepts
- Specialized skills such as:
- Engineering or technical knowledge
- Graphic design, newsletter design, web design, or editing skills
- Data analysis
- Teaching experience
- Strong communication: writing and public speaking
- Managing budgets
- Familiarity / previous working relationship with various student groups and organizations
- Familiarity / previous working relationship with campus staff and administrators
Position announcements are expected for the Spring 2015 semester.