UM Green Fund Committee
The UMGF is managed by a committee of students, faculty, and staff. The committee accepts and reviews proposals twice per year. The Green Fund Committee will create an annual report including projects funded, costs and benefits of funded projects, data collected as a result of funded projects. The report will be publicly available and will be presented to the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, the Provost, the University Architect and the Associated Student Body President at an annual meeting.
The UMGF committee is charged with the stewardship of the UMGF on behalf of the University of Mississippi. It shall consist of the following representation:
- 5 students serving two-year terms
- Associated Student Body Director of Sustainability position (may only serve 1 year)
- Representative from a UM student environmental organization
- At-Large Student Representatives (3 positions)
- 2 faculty members appointed by the Provost
- 1 staff member appointed by the Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance
- 1 staff member appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- 1 non-voting chairperson from the Office of Sustainability, to be responsible for basic committee oversight, coordination, and facilitation
- 1 non-voting project implementation liaison from the Office of Sustainability, to be responsible for providing planning, implementation and coordination assistance to funded projects
Current Committee Member Profiles:
Lindsey Abernathy – Committee Chairperson, Project Coordinator, Office of Sustainability
Madeleine Achgill – Student Representative
Ty Allushuski – Staff Representative, Student Affairs
Alex Borst – Student Representative
Jason Hoeksema – Faculty Representative, Biology
Anna Koremblum – Student Representative
Anne McCauley – Project Implementation Liaison, Assistant Director, Office of Sustainability
Sara Porcheddu – Student Representative
Grace Sullivan – Student Representative, Associated Student Body
Kathleen Wachter – Faculty Representative, Marketing
Lonnie Weaver – Staff Representative, Facilities Management
The UMGF Committee is an excellent opportunity for students to become more involved with meaningful sustainability efforts on campus. If you are interested in becoming a member of the UM Green Fund Committee, please read this information before applying.
If you are interested in being considered for a spot on the committee, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full UMGF committee will meet on a monthly basis, unless otherwise determined by the committee. Additional meetings will be scheduled as needed around the proposal submittal and selection time. The majority of the full committee’s time will be concentrated around the proposal selection process (twice per year) and the annual report and meeting. The students will meet every other week.